"I write the first sentence, and trust in God for the next" -Laurence Sterne
I feel slightly odd beginning this from scratch (sans a few years worth of posts that used to be here) but for now, at least, I think it is going to help me along;
I'm on the cusp of a new stage in my life, and I can feel it. I remember writing about two years ago about this odd opening of my soul unlike anything I'd ever felt before- gentle and warm and open, as the blooming of a rose.
I'd been closed up so tightly for so long that no sunlight could even get in at all; it would instead just scorch me, rather than give me life.
I feel now like I am open to the light; I'm still blooming, but I'm in the end-stages of being in full bloom; open and ready to receive nourishment from the warming light of people and of culture that surrounds me.
I'd love to blog about world-events, like
Oprah's last show,
or
the best app for your phone,
or whatever else it is that others blog about (what I ate for breakfast? pics of my Memorial Day weekend?).
But I can't blog like that.
Regardless of the intent I come here to write with, my soul overflows out of me and ends up expressed upon the page. If not in every sentence (as it nearly always is) then surely in the complete piece and post.
-And Sometimes?, That can be a little scary; (what might people think, or say?) But therein lies my strength and my distinction from other writers; not to say that other writers do not share in that same stigma, but rather to say a successful writer is one who follows the same pattern: It is the distinction of the soul, expressed, which creates something for a reader to hold onto; which makes a writer's work come to life and (hopefully) inspires that same life within the reader.
Such is my goal in writing: honest expression of the soul (-and the Courage it requires with it); And God will take care of the rest from there..
Love you all,
Trish
Monday, May 30, 2011
Hakuna Matata!
Posted by Trisha Cook at 10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment