When I write I can be myself.
There's no one else there to filter through what it is I need to say,
Just me, and my best effort at getting out what is in my heart.
Isn't that what All our life should be, anyway? One Living Expression of Our True Self, unfiltered and sincere?
Writing helps me feel like that. The paper takes me in for What and Who I am.
I have a few thoughts about how particular people in my life have/haven't been the same in that respect,
Suffice it to say, that those who haven't have, in a way, Given me this Gift and this Ability of True, Unfiltered Expression;
And those who have have further cultivated it within me and enabled me to be inspired beyond my own means of self-expression, and lifted into the Higher Plane of Love's expression.
I don't care what Anybody says, the difference between good writing and great writing (or 'good' or 'great' anything in life for that matter) is that it has been touched by Love.
And it would therefore stand to reason that that is true of the distinction between writers as well; the degree to which the writer has been touched, or even rather, transformed- by Love, is the degree to which his words, and composition and arrangement of his words, reflects it.
I have this theory that Love is what Stays, and that All other things at some point will be washed away. And I wonder sometimes, if we were to just take a moment, and Just Simply "Be" and burn away everything else that exists on top of us, what it is that we would notice Still Remains.
I have this hope, not only in my personal life with those I've grown in relationship with- but more applicably to this blog, and particularly in my professional life of writing, that in those Still moments, some person would find my words- my expression of self and soul, to be one of those things Remaining there within them.
If words cannot be held onto, taken into the soul, and touched by that flame of eternity, then I do not desire to speak them; and especially not to write them!
There is enough of fluff and fancy in our world as it is; I want to write Something Real; Something that when everything else goes away, The heart and Spirit of it will remain.
I am not merely writing words, I am creating matter; substantiating and eternal;
And the thing about doing that is this- it doesn't matter what Earth or Hell brings up against you, or does to attempt to destroy your words or your message- you have created a matter that transcends this world's ability to take away- Something of the heart, and of the Spirit- Something that has become immortalized, really. It exists independent of Any other thing;
In typing that I realize what A Tall Order that is to fulfill; but what is dreaming if we don't reach for the so-called impossible?
I maintain that no thing (also read: nothing) is impossible if it is a good thing and we are determined to achieve it.
So, here's to the impossible! Let's break the barrier of what "is" with what's "to be" :)!
Love to all,
Trisha
"At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet." -Plato
"Many of you who have heard the 'goal speech' before, remember being told to set realistic and attainable goals. Unfortunately, that often keeps you from driving towards what you really want.
Ask yourself, 'was landing on the moon a realistic goal?' 'was finding cures for polio and other diseases realistic?' How about skyscrapers, jets, submarines, Olympic gold medals, or any other accomplishments? Were any of those, or thousands of other things that make your life better, realistic? Then, if you were to go for great success like those who accomplished the preceding did, why would you set a single 'realistic' goal? Realistic is whatever you believe!" -"If They Say 'No', Just Say 'Next!'" book by John Fuhrman
"Get a notebook, a journal that will last through all time, and maybe the angels may quote from it for eternity." -Spencer W. Kimball
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
What I love about writing
Posted by Trisha Cook at 10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
What I like about WAL*MART:
At WAL*MART, you can sell babies
At WAL*MART, you can eat fish
Post a Comment