Alright... what to post about next? A few ideas have been ruminating within my mind the past few days..
The first is taking off on the last blogpost with a new one about how it is a choice we make whether to allow the experience of Love to take us into that experience where we not only see it, but see everything else by it, or whether to allow separation from it in whatever way it is we're separated, to take us in the opposite direction, where we instead must close our eyes to it altogether.
The second is to write a post about the Law of Attraction, that is- my understanding of it, and how it leads us into and out of All our relationships and eventually is designed to lead us into that final relationship where we can remain WITHIN Love in ALL our relationships. Think about that; just in writing that sentence the idea of it is beautiful to me.
I really like the distinction of Being IN Love and Living WITHIN Love that I accidentally happened upon in my writing last time. We can be IN Love, (in certain pieces) without being able to live WITHIN Love (as a whole). This results in messy relationships. One moment is bliss and the other is hell. It doesn't (necessarily) mean Love doesn't exist, Sometimes it means that it just needs perfecting- and Sometimes that perfecting can only happen in being apart from each other because it is so volatile emotionally otherwise.
This is what leads me into the law of attraction post. I think of a certain pair of friends I've had for years, and others who I've known who are now happily married with whom they would tell you without hesitation is their best friend and their soul-mate, and I think of the last post I made in hitting on the point "If two people love each other, what?" and as an example of both people being at that attraction level where they are able to live WITHIN Love with each other, I think of them.
I think, how can you write a post like that saying Love is messy, when Love is beautiful? Just look at them; That's beauty.
And what I get at, is that maybe those people are on a different level than me in that aspect. (I don't doubt it.. they've always been spiritual models of a type to me).. they are willing to do what it takes to reach that level of love; I am not.
Now, though it's seemingly now this way, and in some cases seemingly always has been with them- I also don't doubt that they've each had their share of messiness to get them to that more perfect place.
I look back on past instances in my life and I see that within them I was fine; it was the other person that was the cause of all the messiness; and I realize now, that that was exactly the issue right there. That was my heart- and therefore, that is the heart which I attracted to me... And we all know a relationship with ANYBODY where "I'm fine and it's you who needs to change" is a volcanic eruption just waiting to happen.
So, how do we get past that point and get to a point where we attract the kind of Love we want? What DOES it take? I hear it all the time "Be the person you want someone to be to you" blah blah blah.. But the thing of it is this: At whatever your stage of Being happens to be at that time and point of life, that is what you WILL attract to you, regardless of what it is you WANT to be or TRY to pretend to be otherwise.
Because, you see, the thing of it is this: Love manifests the heart. And that is the gorgeousness of It. But it isn't a matter of what you DO, so much as it is an underlying matter of what you ARE.
So, the real effort is that of changing the self- and I'm talking Complete overhaul here. "Be the person you want someone to be to you" means just that: you have to BE it; heart and soul.. Love sees through all masks and façades; Love not only mainfests the heart, Love manifests the Truth. And at times, the Truth just so happens to be Quite the Ugly Creature.
So, if we're fed up with our relationship situation, we have to take a Truthful inventory of what we are- we have to face that Ugly creature Truth front-on, directly in the face.
And you can see right there why this point of The Height of Love is one which many never reach; Our Pride is too Great. We do not want to take that inventory- because as soon as we do, it means we have no longer any one else to blame- we see that it is ME who has been standing in MY way all along; and thus we arrive at the Pinnacle of Love: Placing upon the altar that Ugly Version of ME; raising the knife to slaughter it, not being able to see how anything Greater than it could even exist; when suddenly, (And this is where it becomes beautiful, friends;) the moment we are no longer afraid of what we cannot see, and Put our Trust instead in what we HOPE to BE, is the very moment where we become changed; Our actions align with this new wave of being... of becoming, and the Universe brings to us, as well as INto us, all the manifestations of that now redeemed state.
We can now Grow in Love with our new self (and invite others to do the same), THROUGH the process of crucifying the old. -And never in ANY other way (Just trust me, I've learned this the hard way!)
The question to our many, many heartbreaks in this world very often needs to be switched around- from THEY to ME. I trust there is a point in each aspect of Love where one reaches something of perfection in it, and at that point he suffers more at the hands of the imperfections of others than he does his own, but even then, the solution to it is to realign ourselves with changing ME; my outlook, my perspective, my patience, my parameters, my state of BEING.
If we are constantly focused on renewing our hearts; constantly eyed on that target of what we hope to be, then our actions will align with it- even if we throw a dart the first few times (or even the first few hundred times) and we end up entirely off the board, at least we have the right board in sight; and as such we are throwing darts that will actually fit the board when we either A) get lucky enough to hit it, or B) Develop sufficient skill necessary, through repeated trial, to hit bullseye time and time again.
"Love can never express itself by imposing sufferings on others. It can only express itself by self-suffering, by self-purification. The law of love knows no bounds of space or time. Where love is, there God is also." -Gandhi
“Joselyn, How may I prove my love to you?”
“If you would prove your love, you should do worst.”
“My worst, what do you mean?”
“Instead of winning to honor me with your high reputation, I want you to act against your normal character and do badly.”
“Do badly?”
“Lose.”
“Losing proves nothing, except that I am a Loser.”
“Wrong!, Losing is a much keener test of your love. Losing would contradict your self-love and Losing would show your obedience to your lover and not to yourself!”
"I will not lose!"
"Then you do not love me."
(A Knight's Tale)
When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.
And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
Though the sword hidden among his pinions
May wound you.
And when he speaks to you believe in him,
Though his voice may shatter your dreams
As the north wind lays waste the garden.
For even as love crowns you
So shall he crucify you.
Even as he is for your growth
So is he for your pruning.
Even as he ascends to your height and caresses
Your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
So shall he descend to your roots and
Shake them in their clinging to the earth.
Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
Saturday, June 4, 2011
Posted by Trisha Cook at 11:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment